Here are more than 100 of the most important and interesting Classic Cameras, dating from 1905 to 1985, when the classic-era-ending Minolta Maxxum 7000 was introduced. All of the featured cameras are in my personal collection, and all of their photos were taken by me (Marc Rochkind).
Many of the cameras here are "firsts" in some way, such as:
- First 35mm SLR: Kine Exakta - 1936
- First instant-picture camera: Polaroid Model 95 - 1948
- First SLR with pentaprism: Zeiss Ikon Contax S - 1949
- First SLR with built-in CdS meter: Minolta SR-7 - 1962
- First half-frame SLR: Olympus Pen F - 1963
- First SLR with through-the-lens metering: Topcon RE Super - 1963
- First Instamatic camera: Kodak Instamatic 100 - 1963
- First autofocus camera: Konica C35 AF - 1977
Tap one of the big buttons below to go to that section. When you see a grid view (photos, ads, reviews, etc.), tap again on an image in the grid to see it full-screen. If you're viewing this on an iPad, turning it to portrait helps in reading the ads, articles, and reviews.
The first six buttons cover all the cameras. You can also see them listed alphabetically, by type, or ordered by new price. Additional articles follow. I'll be adding more cameras and more articles in the future, and you'll get them without having to update this app.
©2011-14 Marc Rochkind. All rights reserved.