Warning: Do NOT attempt to install this version on Windows 95/98/98SE/ME. It may
interfere with system operation.
Click here to download
the newest Albumatic version as a ZIP file (about 2MB). When you get it, extract it to a temporary directory
on your system and execute setup.exe. Or, use the automatic install feature of WinZip or
other similar programs. (You can get WinZip from www.winzip.com.)
New Features in Release 2.01
- Removed initial dialog warning about a beta release.
New Features in Release 2.00
- New label photo property.
- More file-type choices added to Add dialog.
- Changes to allow album directories to be moved. References to local originals now relative in *.alc.
- Improvements in formatting of pages (e.g., captions indented).
- Redesigned Album Properties dialog.
background, label, caption, etc.
- New option for caption in table (both styles).
- Separate text colors for index and enlargements.
- Background images.
- Preview in Add dialog.
- Custom enlargement size.
- Back link added to Enlargement View for Two-Page Style.
- Text colors now affect links, too.
- Libraries of albums. See the help topic
"About Libraries" for details.
- Albums can be created with no photos, for use as library table-of-contents
pages. All English strings moved to template files, to aid in localization.
- Style sheets used in HTML to facilitate style customization.
- Reorganization of templates to make it easier integrate albums into
existing web sites.
- Custom templates can now be located in the parent of an album directory,
in addition to the album directory itself. This allows libraries to share
- Enlargement (L_*) files are now removed if they're no longer needed.*
After publishing, Albumatic optionally tries to guess the
A new Subdir field in the album properties dialog allows
albums to be located in a tree that's common to the local and remote sites.*
The album Name and Subdir fields are now disabled when the
album properties dialog is opened on an existing album.*
When publishing, multiple levels of directories can now be
Grayscale JPGs still can't be processed, but now the error
message is better.*
You can drag image files from Windows Explorer and other
programs and drop them onto the image list in Albumatic to add them to an
You can drag an album file and drop in onto Albumatic to
open an album.*
The Remote Album Directory field in the Application
Preferences dialog is now gone, replaced by the FTP Server Subdirectory
field in the FTP Connection dialog.*
The wizard for first-time users is now much simpler, asking
only for an album name instead of bringing up the full-blown Album
When a new album is created, the Add dialog is automatically
After photos are added with the Add dialog, the album is
Duplicate album names are automatically made unique.*
In the album properties dialog, there's an option to clone
properties from an existing album.*
Enlargement View can optionally be equipped with navigation
and slide-show controls.**
Fixes in Release 2.00
- Newline in caption caused script error in frame mode.
Caused .alc formatting error, too.
- Keep going on error generating JPEG.
- Open as read-only removed from add dialog.
- Max FTP login chars changed from 20 to 100.
- Fix for frame references when site adds a frame.
- Fix for failure to view clicked-on image prior to album build.
- Fix for photos not being regenerated when crop rectangle is changed.
- Initial album directory is Albums in install dir rather than C:\.
- Two problems with scanning: broken Scan button if fails to write file; warning if
- Fixes for Netscape.
- If enlargement size was changed from anything to Original after the album
was published, the original photos weren't uploaded in all cases. Now doing
a full build forces them to be uploaded.
- Apostrophes are now handled correctly in album titles.*
- Adding multiple photos caused the order to be wrong, with the first and
last photos interchanged. This is actually a Windows bug. Albumatic now
sorts the list itself.*
- Double-clicking an *.alb file to open an album now works.*
- Fixed bug when album root directory is set to a file-system root
- Changed Enlargement View template to add scroll bars when the browser
window is too small. (2.00B7)
- Made the initial Albumatic window bigger. (2.00B7)
- Innocuous error messages about not being able to open a directory when
cloning an album lacking background images. (2.00B7)
- No longer hangs if FTP directory has an initial slash (2.00B8).
- Enlargement template is now tighter, eliminating unused space when there's
no label or caption (2.00B8).
- Mishandling of FTP directories paths with several levels now fixed
* New with Version 2.00B5.
** New with 2.00B6.