SiteKite is a simple HTML editor and FTP uploader that can be used to build and maintain a website. It’s ideal for those new to website building who want a tool that’s easy to learn, yet powerful enough to do the whole job.
SiteKite has all the essential features, including:
- Built-in editing and preview.
- An outline view of local files for the site.
- FTP upload of just the changed files.
- Find and replace, spell checking, and other standard editing features.
- Settable editing font.
- Automatic saving. No need to ever click the Save button.
- Presets for multiple FTP sites.
- Creating and renaming of files and folders.
Optional preview using the local web server,
so PHP and other server-side languages can be previewed.
SiteKite is available now for MacOS 10.6/10.7 as a free beta with a two-week trial. (It will be released during the next two weeks.)
There are no plans for a Windows version, and no plans for MacOS earlier than 10.6 (Snow Leopard).